Designing an LCD display for your product is crucial, but it can be difficult to know exactly how to make your display the most effective. When it comes down to it, there are a number of things to consider, like readability, resolution, color and whether or not you should go with graphic images or moving images. When you are designing an LCD display for your product, you want to make sure that you can present your display in a way that can make your investment worth it and improve your product. Here are five things to consider when designing an LCD display for your product.
- Native resolution. When you are designing the display, you want to make sure that you design according to the native resolution of the LCD display. If your display is low resolution on a higher resolution display, the image or graphic will look pixelated. A pixelated display will look unprofessional and messy. A LCD display company, like Focus Display Solutions, will be able to tell you what resolution you should be working with.
- Color settings. When you are designing an LCD display for your product, you want to make sure that all the color settings are accurate. What you see on a screen will be vastly different from the final product. So, you want to make sure that you know what settings you should mark your colors. When it comes down to the color settings, there are a number of specifications, but the most popular is usually RGB or CMYK. CMYK usually has to do with higher resolution screens and print and RGB is usually reserved for digital content.
- Response. When you are designing an LCD display, you want to make sure that you create graphics according to what the pixel response rate is of the actual LCD screen. The pixel response rate has to do with how fast and efficient the images or frames transition. A low response will cause blurring, but if you only have a low response LCD, you have to create and design the display accordingly. If you want to work with video, you need a much higher response rate.
- Size. When it comes to designing an LCD display for your product, you want to know how big your image should be and how much information you can fit on the screen. If you have a lot of information, you probably need a bigger display. LCD displays come in a wide variety of different sizes. When you are actually designing the LCD display, you want to take into consideration how much available space you have available.
- Impact. When you are designing an LCD display, you want impact to be a number one priority. Impact has to do with aesthetics, but it also has to do with how much information is presented at once, boldness, text color and more. At the end of the day, you want to make sure that your LCD display has the most impact and that it makes the product more intuitive and easier to use.