One of the main benefits of purchasing and opening a franchise is that much of the marketing is already built in, so you have a huge head start there. When deciding whether to purchase a regular business or franchise, this is definitely something to think about. However, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t focus on your marketing presence in your community. Inevitably, you will have a new product range or service to offer that you would like to market to consumers. If this is the case, you want to build a strong online presence to reach out directly to potential patrons. Here are five Internet marketing tactics for franchise businesses.
- Build your social media presence. At this stage in the game, having a strong social media presence is critical for any business. When it comes to franchise marketing strategies, it can be an incredibly powerful way to promote and market your business. In most cases, you should have a presence on at least three of the major social media platforms. You may even want to hire someone to handle the social media end of your marketing initiatives – someone who knows how to harness its power.
- Use the power of viral content. These days, even an infographic can go viral. Most people are familiar with viral videos – they probably wake up to one in their email or social media page each day. So, for the sake of marketing your franchise, you may want to think about creating some piece of content that has the power to go viral. You can create a video if you have the budget and if you have the authority to do so, or you can create a simple story or infographic that gets people to share it and other blogs to feature it.
- Tap into your email list. There is a good chance that you have a big email list growing. If this is the case, you have a lot of marketing power in your hands. If you have a lot of people in your list, you can easily create a newsletter that can be sent out to all the recipients. If you have a new product or if you are opening up another franchise, an email is a fast, easy and affordable method to get information out to a wide array of people.
- Start a blog. If you want to boost your visibility and exposure, you may want to think about starting a blog. A blog can also be a great way to start your search engine optimization campaign as well. A blog is great because you can add content every single day. You can also share this content on social media and offer buttons for other people to share the content too.
- Create an app. Most of the world has smartphones. In fact, it is the preeminent way for people to access the web. So, you may want to create an application. This application can be anything from a silly game to a store locator. Whatever the case is, creating an application is a great way to get buzz going about your franchise.