Every business has a secret recipe for efficient operation. When it comes down to it, this recipe isn’t that secretive. For one thing, a business needs excellent leadership and it needs to have excellent hiring capabilities. Yet, there is one ingredient that a business must use every single day – all day. That ingredient is office supplies. Without a steady supply of office supplies, your business won’t be able to maintain productivity and your employees will be scrambling to get prospectus sheets done, they won’t be able to brainstorm, and they will be held back when it comes to connecting with the World Wide Web. Indeed, these office supplies are complicated – they are basic things you need to have in the stockroom. It will also be important to give someone the task of foreseeing your business’s office supply needs based on monthly use. This will ensure that there is always an extra pen or pencil available. Here are some basic office supplies every business needs.
- Paper clips. They may seem insignificant, but paper clips are one of the most necessary supplies you can have in an office. You and your employees need to keep all of the paperwork that you are doing organized, and one of the fast, easiest, and cheapest ways to keep all of your paperwork organized is to use paper clips.
- White board. We may be relying on computers more and more to jot down and reference all of the information in our lives, but when it comes to your business, you’re going to want a whiteboard. This is because you need a prominent place where people can share information with one another and hash out all kinds of brainstorming. You can get all kinds of whiteboards with GlassWhiteboard.com.
- A paper shredder. Let’s face it, there are all kinds of documents that you and your employees will be handling and many of those documents will contain sensitive information. This is why it’s necessary to have a paper shredder on site. You also want everyone to be in the habit of getting rid of documents immediately when they no longer need them. The best way to encourage that behavior is to have the paper shredder in a prominent place for everyone to use.
- A cash register. No matter what business you’re in, you’re most likely going to need a cash register. Whether it’s an old school, push-button type or a sleek new tablet computer, you will need a point of sales system that makes sense for your business. One of the cool things about using a tablet is that you don’t have print receipts, you can email them to people.
- Sticky notes. Of course, no office is complete without sticky notes. Whether you need to write yourself reminders, make labels, or pass a note to one of your coworkers, a pad of sticky notes always comes in handy. You’ll never notice just how essential they are until you’re without them.