Running any business without making people aware of what you do is basically an utter waste of time. The more marketing and advertising you do, the more faith the consumer will have in your company and this eventually translates into new business and more profit. If you don’t advertise your business, you may not make it past the startup phase. Thanks to modern technology there are now more and more ways to promote your business without paying an arm and a leg to do so. Here are a few ideas that could save you money and generate larger profits in the long run.
- Get social. Social media is already one of the most effective ways of getting people aware of your business and its also a great way of keeping customers up to date with special offers, deals as well as changes to the business such as address, emails and phone details. The problem is, everybody has a social media account these days, whether it be Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. So, it’s no longer acceptable to just have a social media presence, it’s now becoming more and more important to provide engaging content on an almost daily basis. Followers and “likes” all have the potential to translate into sales somewhere down the line.
- Go guerilla style. Guerilla marketing techniques really require a little bit of creativity and thinking outside of the box in order to be effective. Flash mobs (gathering large congregations of people in a public space to perform a publicity stunt) are great attention grabbers and have the potential to go viral online if documented sufficiently.
- Go large. Billboards and balloons are still some of the most effective ways to tattoo your company name on the public’s memory. The bigger the monument, the more likely people will see it on the horizon. The idea is make your company a landmark. Texas Boys Balloons have been providing top quality balloons to a variety of companies for years now. Flags trailing airplanes are a good attention grabbers, but be sure to ensure the plane is flying over a heavily populated area, otherwise it’ll be a waste of recourses.
- Go viral. Online marketing is all about content and good content needs to be engaging and ideally funny in order to grab people’s attention. It’s not easy to create viral content, as it takes a little extra special something for it to really connect with a broad audience. But once something goes viral, there’s almost no stopping how far it can travel and what it can do for your business.
- Old fashioned. Some of the oldest tricks in the book still work a charm when it comes to advertising your business. Basic ideas like flyer drops, mail outs, posters and radio adverts all work fantastically well in collaboration with some of the aforementioned promotional ideas. Promotional products such as pens, coffee mugs, calendars and clothing are great ways for the consumer to take your logo home with them and to see it every day. Not a bad way to engrain your company image in their memory.